Nightshade Duel Academy
Please Log In or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nightshade Duel Academy
Please Log In or Register!
Nightshade Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control Panel

Card of the Month
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

KM888 - Lesson Beginner #1

Go down

KM888 - Lesson Beginner #1 Empty KM888 - Lesson Beginner #1

Post by KM888 Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 pm

KM888 - Lesson Beginner #1

Welcome students to the first lesson of the “Beginners” section.
You can only attend this lesson if you already took the Basic Lesson (link: https://nightshadeduelacadem.forumotion.com/t421-km888-lesson-basics) and when you did the homework from that lesson (link: https://nightshadeduelacadem.forumotion.com/t480-km888-lessons-hw-1-for-every-dorm-to-read)

In this section I’m going to teach you guys how to propperly build a deck. Impossible you might think? Well, I beg to differ.
I will go over varient aspects wich will all help you Building and constucting the deck like a pro. I already asked you guys to build a deck (depending on your dorm) and I got a good idea of how you personnaly build decks.
It could be good, it might be bad. For each person that is different and I’m not gonna talk behind your backs who made what kind of deck. Instead, lets just try to make your abilities better.

Whenever I’m building a deck I go over some sort of plan that I made in my head.

Step 1) Staples and/or Semi-staples
Step 2) Deck-Specific Cards
Step 3) Tech Choices
Step 4) Deck-Filling OR Deck-Thinning
Step 5) Extra Deck
Step 6) Adjustments in Main Deck?
Step 7) Testing
Step 8) Side Deck

When you follow these little steps, I’m pretty sure you can make yourself an awesome Deck. Today I’ll be teaching you guys about staple cards. When to put them in the Deck, when not to put them in the Deck and so on.

What are (semi-) staple cards?:

List of Staples:

Reasoning behind these cards:
Effect Veiler + Maxx “C”:

Trinity:

Mystical Space Typhoon:

Trap Line-Up:

Extra Deck staples:

List of Semi-Staple cards:

I’m not going to expleign the reasonings behind these cards. As stated before, these cards can be used in almost every deck because of their usefulness. Though not every deck has the room for them, or are simply able to use them.

A good example is the fact that you probably won’t play Gorz in a deck that resolves around Backrow Protection. You probably won’t have an empty field.

F.A.Q.
If you are making a Deck, why do you start with the staples?
It’s very simple. By adding the most important staples first, I know how much room I have left in the Deck. That way, I can prepare myself just that bit better.

What staples are mostly used?
That would probably be the trinity together with the MSTs. Dark Hole, Monster Reborn and Heavy Storm are Splashable in any Deck I think. Besides those, Mystical Space Typhoon will see its shine at 2 or 3 in almost any Deck.

How do I know if I took the right staples when I just started building the Deck?
Don’t worry about that yet. When your Deck is almost done (towards the end), you’ll notice if you need another staple or not. Stuff like that is mostly done at the end. We’ll teach about that in another lesson.

Homework / Task about this lesson ( . / 10)
Spoiler:
KM888
KM888
Teacher
Teacher

Male Posts : 87
NDA Points : 1262

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKM888/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Back to top Go down