Nightshade Duel Academy
Please Log In or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nightshade Duel Academy
Please Log In or Register!
Nightshade Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control Panel

Card of the Month
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

KM888 - Lesson Beginner #2

Go down

KM888 - Lesson Beginner #2 Empty KM888 - Lesson Beginner #2

Post by KM888 Mon May 06, 2013 5:27 pm

KM888 – Lesson Beginner #2

Welcome student to the second lesson of the “Beginners” section.

You can only attend this lesson if you have taken the previous lesson (link: https://nightshadeduelacadem.forumotion.com/t499-km888-lesson-beginner-1) and passed the test from that subject.

Last lesson I gave you guys (and girls) an 8-steps plan of “how i make my decks”. If you don’t remember that, here it is again:

Spoiler:

We have done step 1 in our last lesson. By now I really hope that you know what a staple is, and how to use them. If not, you can always ask me by sending me a pm (I give private lessons at the cost of 10 NDA points).

For today, I’m going to teach you about the Deck-Specific Cards. This is probably the hardest part of deck building and so I’m gonna split this lesson up in 2 parts.

What are deck-specific cards?:

The choices of these cards, and what you should put in the Deck is probably the most difficult thing there is about Deckbuilding. To know what to pick, and what not to pick are things that you mostly know by “feeling” it out. It’s a hard proces to learn. Yet, I’ll do my best teaching it to you.

Going minus and going plus

This is something you all got to know, before we can go any further. The concept of going minus OR going plus is relatively easy to understand, as long as you pay a bit attention.

Just by the meaning of the words plus and minus, we can already think that going minus is something negative, while going plus is probably something positive. This is most certainly the case.

When starting the duel both players have 5 cards in their hands. The turn player draws at their Draw Phase, and has a 1 card advantage over the opponent at this moment (remember the opponent is going to draw too, so this 1 card doesn’t matter).

I’ll now show you some examples that expleign the terms of going minus or plus. (These examples start at the opening hand each time).

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Example 4:

This proces all lies in the simple matter of counting cards. During the duel you could count each card a person has on the field. The person with the largest amount of cards has an advantage and basically went less minus than the other person.

Winning duels is dependent of this in 50% of the cases (lets put some nice topdecks and strategies in the other 50%)

The most important cards of Archetypes are those that make you go plus, or make the opponent go minus. This is a first good indicator to how good a card is.

Off course, all the theoretical stuff might seem difficult and you don’t like to read that. Thus, lets look at an example of an Archetype. My favourite one: Reptile-type “Worms”.

Lets go over these 1 by 1, and see if they can make you go plus, or the opponent go minus.

Worm Archetype:

I have just made a huge list why all these archetype cards are good or bad. What makes them plus or minus and so on. This is, like I said, the hardest thing to do for a Decklist. So I’m going to quit this lesson right here, so we can practise on this somewhat.

This will be your homework that you have to send to me in a pm:

Homework:
KM888
KM888
Teacher
Teacher

Male Posts : 87
NDA Points : 1262

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKM888/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Back to top Go down